Sunday, February 26, 2012

harry potter snubbed.

Tonight was the Oscars. I was going to watch it, but I decided to go see The Secret World of Arrietty instead (which was FABULOUS).

So, I was a little miffed when I checked Mugglenet when I got home to find out that Harry Potter did not win ONE SINGLE AWARD.

I've been holding off on my rant about this until now hoping that the Academy might finally acknowledge Harry Potter this year. But no, nothing.

The facts that Harry Potter is the number one movie franchise of all time, that Deathly Hallows Part 2 is the 3rd biggest movie of all time, and that there were SO many talented people in front of and behind the camera working on these movies seems to have been lost on the "fine people of the Academy."

I understand. Harry Potter is not your average Oscar winning movie. But was Lord of the Rings? No, I don't think so. I'm not even asking for the movies to win Best Picture or Best Director. But they have never even won a technical award in the 10 years they have been a part of Hollywood. I think that is awful and it's not just because I'm a Harry Potter nerd. The cast and crew of the movies have done so much for cinema during their decade of work.

They got their recognition from the British film industry last year. It's a damn shame that the America film industry has done NOTHING, when they were produced by an American film company.

No comments:

Post a Comment