Monday, November 19, 2012

Day Twenty Five. Write about confidence and how people can achieve confidence.

If I could give everyone I know the confidence they deserve, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Tips on building confidence.

1. Don't leave the house without putting some effort in your appearance. I started noticing that the days I was especially critical and hard on myself were days that I just rolled out of bed and threw on clothes. Now, I love being lazy as much as the next person and maybe this just happens with me. But I would feel like crap all day when I did that. When I actually take a little bit of pride in my appearance I always feel better about myself.

2. For every insult you throw at yourself, think of two compliments.

3. Surround yourself with people that bring you up instead of tear you down.

4. Accept your flaws. You are not going to be perfect. That's what makes you human.

5. You are allowed to feel sorry for yourself and even dislike yourself. What matter is that at the end of the day, you eat some ice cream (or drink some wine) and realize that you are still the best damn person you can be. And move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment