Sunday, April 3, 2011

nerdfighteria.

http://www.youtube.com/vlogbrothers 

The above link is a must see for all who read this.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a Nerdfighter.
You are also, most likely, a Nerdfighter.

What's a Nerdfighter, exactly?
Someone who is made of awesome and wishes to decrease world suck.

Sounds freakin' awesome, right?
It is.

John and Hank Green are the leaders of Nerdfighteria.
John is an author. Ever heard of "Looking for Alaska", "An Abundance of Katherine's" or "Paper Towns"? Well, he wrote them.
Hank Green runs EcoGeek, an environmental technology website!
Plus, the make vlogs on YouTube on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, covering a variety of topics from giraffe sex to Harry Potter.

I'm only telling you this, because ever since I discovered their YouTube account in December, my life has been changed.
John and Hank have made me extremely proud to be a nerd.
I've never been ashamed of my love for Harry Potter, acting, history and reading, but I always struggled with the attitude of my classmates and society that being a nerd is "stupid", "lame" or "uncool." Just like I talked about in one of my previous blogs!
After watching a million of John and Hank's videos, I realized that it is cool to be a nerd.
Who cares that the vast majority of society deems it uncool to be intelligent and made of awesome?
Not me, that's who.
John and Hank have inspired me to live my life as nerdy and awesome as I want, without the fear of being made fun of for it.

I highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend watching some of their videos.
They only have 806 of them to choose from!



John and Hank, I hope I have the opportunity to meet you both someday.
DFTBA <3

1 comment:

  1. "Who cares that the vast majority of society deems it uncool to be intelligent and made of awesome?"
    :o Tonya, you're my favorite. :D I'm quoting you on bookface. Just a warning! XD

    ReplyDelete