Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas love.

Christmas has always been my favorite holiday. I love the spirit of love, faith and family that's in the air during the month of December. I'm in such a good mood the whole month, I don't even mind the snow!

As a child, my siblings and I would wake up around 5 on Christmas morning and have to wait until my dad got home from milking the cows, which was usually around 8. We would watch movies and pester my mom for three hours. When my dad was finally home we would have to wait on the stairs until our parents gave us the okay to come running down and into the living room, where we would exclaim and squeal at all the presents under the tree. We opened our stockings first; I remember one Christmas we all got dinosaur figurines from The Land Before Time movies. After that we passed out all the presents to each other and then ripped them open to see what Santa brought.
Now, my parents have to wake me up on Christmas morning when it's time to open presents!

As I've grown up the real meaning of Christmas has become more and more apparent. My parents would always remind us that the reason for the season was the birth of Jesus and we would read the Bible on Christmas morning.
But the meaning of Christmas is more than just celebrating Jesus's birthday. It's about celebrating love and family. Jesus's birth into the world changed everything; he is a symbol of love for so many people in the world. Despite what many people believe of Christianity, our faith is based around loving everyone, because that's how Jesus lived his life. Christmas is a time to remind yourself the true meaning of life; which is to love unconditionally and irrevocably.
Just like Jesus did.

Merry Christmas, my dearest friends.

Also, Happy 3 Month Anniversary to my wonderful boyfriend. I adore you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment