Wednesday, May 4, 2011

end of year one.

Well, I'm no longer a college freshman.
This year has been one of the fastest years ever. I honestly can't believe that I've lived in Calkins 008 for roughly 9 months. I know my family hates it when I call 008 my home, but it is. I have established a family here, a dysfunctional family, but a family nonetheless. I have loved living in Calkins more than I ever thought I would. I wouldn't change this year for anything.

Dear Ashley,
I am so happy that you made the decision to come to Central. I know that you feel overwhelmed sometimes here, but I really think that you made the right decision. We have both had to grow up this year, but I am fairly certain we have maintained our childish attitude! I could not have asked for better roommates than you, Cynthia, Pam and Anelisa. Calkins 008 will always hold a special place in my heart, and it's because of you!
Let's be best friends forever, k?
And seriously, you can visit whenever you want next year. I'm going to need some serious Ashley/Cynthia/Tonya time. :)

Dear Cynthia,
When I first heard we were getting a new roommate at the beginning of the year, I was really hesitant. I didn't want some freak or crazy partier living with us.
And then you moved in, and you weren't at all what I imagined!
You are one of the craziest, thoughtful, caring, and intelligent friends I have. You are one of the best people to have a deep conversation with at 2 AM, and the best person to make crazy videos with. I am so grateful that you moved in with Ashley and I. Without you as a roommate this year, I would have a lot less memories and one less best friend.
I will miss you a lot this summer! Whenever I see a cat (KARL!), listen to crazy dance music or watch The Big Bang Theory, I will think of you :)

Dear Anna,
Gurl, you crazy.
Thanks for being there when I was ready to pull my hair out. Thanks for telling me the truth, even when I didn't want to hear it. Thanks for always listening to my insane ramblings about the stupidest things ever. And thanks for that one night when I just needed some encouragement, and you helped me through it.
Let's make sure we make a lot of time for adventures this summer, okay?
:D

Dear Meagan,
Fabiano 208 will be the place to be next year!!
Safari might have sucked sometimes, but I'm glad I got a really great friend out of it. You are the craziest person I know, but also an awesome friend! Don't go too crazy over the summer, okay? :P

Dear Corbin,
You will always be my favorite son. Thank you for giving me a hug when I needed it this year. You are one of the sweetest friends I have, and you better believe that I will be visiting you and that roommate of yours next year!! :)

Dear Andrew,
Despite what I have said before, I don't hate you.
Even if you are a Slytherin... But anyway, thanks for being the loud and obnoxious friend this year. :)
And I promise not to put hot sauce into your drinks anymore!!

Dear Katie,
You basically became our fifth roommate, didn't you? I guess that's okay, since you are living with Cynthia and Ashley next year...
You are one of the few Honors students I can actually talk to! :P
You are going to make one of the most kick-ass music teachers ever! Even if you do decide to occasionally drink in class... Thanks for being an awesome friend, Katie! Without you, I wouldn't have "opened my mind to see that maybe Harry Potter isn't as feminist as I thought" or whatever you were trying to prove...

Dear Marquerite,
WHY DO YOU HAVE TO GO TO STATE NEXT YEAR?!
Stupid Central with your crappy Chinese program...
I will (hopefully) be visiting MSU next year, because of my sister, but the real reason will be to see you!!! I will miss you and your random craziness and stories. Thanks for being a wonderfully awesome friend :)

Dear Headmaster Scott,
You are the best RA. Hands down. You have helped make my first year a memorable and fantastic year. Thank you for everything, and if I ever visit North Campus next year, you can bet I will stop by your room to say hello! :)

Dear Pam,
I really hope that you enjoyed your first semester at Central! You are such a great roommate. You are sooo intelligent, and I know that you are going to go so far in life!! :)

Dear Brian,
You taught me that crazy colored hair is perfectly normal. So is playing WoW all day long! :P And don't worry, I'm sure we will make trips up to North Campus next year! As long as you promise to come on down to visit us!

Dear Kosta,
Your passion for music is truly inspiring. I think it's awesome that you are going after your dreams, and I wish you the best of luck! :D

If I haven't mentioned you in this note, I'm really sorry, but there are simply too many people to write to! I truly LOVE Central, and I know that I made the best decision when I came here.
I can't wait to see you all again in August! ((Hopefully I will see you before then too!! :D))

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment