Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Hometown Love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDmuLWQggXc
I recommend watching this video. It's what inspired this blog.

Growing up in a small, rural community I have heard many complaints from my classmates over the years about our "sucky town."

However, I don't think anyone should hate their hometown, because your hometown is more than just a city. It doesn't matter if you grew up in Small Town USA, like me, or in Detroit, everyone should be proud of their hometown.
It's the place you were born and raised, the place your parents decided to live and raise their family and the city where you went to school, made friendships, created memories, and become the person you are today.

Some of you might be dying to get of your hometown and see the world, and to you guys I say "Great! Can I come along on your world travels?"
Just remember, when you are sitting in a pub in Ireland, or traveling down the Amazon, where you came from. You can't change where you grew up, so why not be proud of it instead of hate it?

In closing, I would recommend, just like Charlie did in his video, that the next time you are in your hometown, take a walk around. You might be surprised what you find.

No comments:

Post a Comment