Thursday, January 12, 2012

i am not a happy camper.

Dear society,
I have a hard time speaking my mind sometimes, because I'm not usually a confrontational person. But I have been sent over the edge and can't keep my mouth shut any longer.

Please, for the love of Dumbledore, grow up.
I am so sick and tired of the blind hatred, prejudices, and stupidity that is running rampant in our world.

I had a friend on Facebook (they have now been deleted from my list) who posted a status a couple days ago describing a male and ending with "then he must be a fag."
What really sickens me, is that 51 people liked their status.

What. The. Hell.

Then today, the same person had the decency to quote Eminem in saying something about they don't care about sexual orientation, race, religion etc, "as long as you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you."
Oh, really? Just yesterday you were preaching a different story when you decided to use a derogatory term.
People like my unfriend and all the people that liked their status and said NOTHING really make me sick.

It's not "funny" to use offensive terms like that. It's not "cool" to call someone that.
It's uneducated, ignorant and highly unacceptable.
When you use words like "fag" or "gay" as insults, you are insulting millions of people. You are calling them stupid, when they aren't. They are people who deserve respect.

Next time you feel like using a derogatory term... don't.

Thank you,
A very angry person.

No comments:

Post a Comment