Thursday, August 4, 2011

definition of a hopeful romantic.

I feel like I should have explained my name in a much earlier blog, but I guess it's better late than never!

Most people use the term "hopeless romantic" when they describe someone who believes in love, and cries at sappy movies and all that junk. Well, I don't think that's a very accurate term, for me at least.
By saying someone is hopeless implies that they have no hope, no faith, or no belief.
To call me a "hopeless" romantic is the very opposite of what I am.

I have complete hope that I will find love.
I have faith in love and it's abilities.
I believe in true love.

Like the awesome Hank Green said in his last vlog, "Loving each other is pretty much the most important thing we do. It's not just the reason the each of us as individuals exist, it's the reason why our species and our civilization exist. It's the only reason why we can do these marvelous, magnificent human things!"

And that's why I am a hopeFUL romantic.

No comments:

Post a Comment