Sunday, June 10, 2012

inspired by liz lemon.


I was watching 30 Rock a couple weeks back and Liz Lemon said this,

I want someone who will be monogamous and nice to his mother. And I want someone who likes musical, but knows to just shut his mouth when I'm watching Lost. And I want someone who thinks being really into cars is lame and strip clubs are gross. I want someone who will actually empty the dishwasher instead of just taking out forks as needed, like I do. I want someone with clean hands and feet and beefy forearms like a damn Disney prince. And I want him to genuinely like him, even when I'm old.

So, I wrote this. It's not as funny or as clever, but this is what I want some day. 

I want someone who isn’t afraid to admit his feelings, doesn’t think it’s very cool to be a hater, and doesn’t dress like a tool. A man who will cuddle up with me and watch Disney movies all day long, and who thinks Harry Potter is freaking awesome. A gentleman who respects himself and me, knows exactly what to say when I’m feeling sad, and understands that there are times when I’m not going to want to be reasonable. He doesn’t have to like everything I like, he can do whatever he wants to and be whoever he wants to be, as long as he doesn’t try to change me. I want to be his one and only, the Hermione to his Ron, the Katniss to his Peeta, and the Elizabeth to his Mr. Darcy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment