Thursday, March 22, 2012

daughters.

I know I said that my next blog would be my review of The Hunger Games, but something has been on my mind today and I felt like sharing it.
(By the way, 5 hours!!!!!!!! :D)

Have you ever heard people say this?
"I don't want daughters when I grow up. They are too much work."
"Girls are hard to raise, so I just want sons."

I don't even know how many times I've heard people say this, and the REALLY sad thing is that it's usually from girls themselves.
Do we really think so low of ourselves as a gender that we don't want to even think about raising daughters?
Do you think so low of yourself that you seem to think it was difficult for your parents to raise you because of your gender?

My parents have had to raise four girls and one boy.
My own mother had this to say, "I would rather raise girls any day. Boys think too much with their penises."
Now, I'm not saying that girls are easier to raise than boys. I think each gender brings their own challenges to the table when you're raising them. But to say that girls are too difficult to raise is not only untrue, but rude and sexist.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone with this post, I truly am. But I am a firm believer in women's rights, and one of them is the right to NOT be hated for being a female. And personally, I can't wait to be the mother of daughters so I can teach them the proper way to be a lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment