Monday, June 13, 2011

to be a best friend.

You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose. 
Or can you?

Friends are essential to life. Without them, I know i would have gone mentally insane a loooong time ago. They are there when you need to get away from your crazy family. They are there when the going gets rough and you just need some encouragement. They are for a great laugh. Most importantly, they are there to help define you as a person.

Then there is that one person, or multiple persons, that come into your life and mean even more to you.
They are called best friends.

Personally, I have a few best friends. I have met them at different stages in my life, but they have each impacted my life in such a way that, without them, my life would be dramatically different. 
They are the ones that have been there when I felt like my world was crashing down, and they helped keep it together. 
I have been through really great times with them, and then I have been through really difficult times with them. We have fought, cried, and laughed together. They are the people that I am not afraid to speak my mind around. They are the people that I appreciate and care about a lot, even if they do make me want to pull my hair out sometimes. 

"Most important in friendship? Tolerance and loyalty." -JK Rowling

No comments:

Post a Comment