Saturday, September 1, 2012

a lot on my mind.



I've learned some things in the past couple of weeks.

1) Stay the hell away from assholes.

2) You can't push your feelings to the side and try to ignore them. Just because you can't handle what you're feeling doesn't mean you need to deny the fact that you are hurting and why you're hurting.

3) Heartbreak hurts a little less every day.

I know I'm not the only person to struggle with being happy and overcoming difficult things. I consider myself an optimistic, happy, friendly person. These past two weeks I haven't been at all and it's been more difficult than I thought it would be to get back to that person, even if it's only a little bit. I've found that listening to your favorite band over and over helps a lot. So does sleeping...

What I have really struggled with lately is that I felt like I didn't have a legitimate reason to feel the way I did and act like I was. I kept telling myself that other people were experiencing worse and more upsetting situations and I needed to stop the pity party for myself. But telling myself that didn't work. I only felt more miserable, because I couldn't continue to ignore that I was not happy. At all. Then I saw the above quote on tumblr and everything clicked.
I was hurting over something because it was important to ME. It didn't matter if it had no value to anyone else. It affected my life and my happiness, so I had every right to feel the way I did, and still do.
Honestly, since reading that quote and the story behind it I've been feeling better about myself and happier.

So thank you, John Green. DFTBA <3

No comments:

Post a Comment